Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rainy Day

I am sooooooo tired of the rain. I am a native Oregonian and even I am tired of this constant cold rain. The ground is wet and mucky and it is impossible to work in the garden at all. It is just downright miserable to do much of anything but snuggle by the fire.

Today, my friend Mary and I were determined to take the dogs on a walk around the Willamina Pond. It misting within the first quarter mile. It started raining hard before the first mile was up. it alternated between light rain and heavy rain through the entire walk. The dogs were oblivious to the deluge. Mary and I were not quite so oblivious to the rain dripping off the end of our noses.

I am ready to walk in the sunshine. I am ready to work in the flower beds. I am ready for the rain to stop. Sigh ...... unfortunately I do not think I can do anything but wait.

"But there are many people here and it is the rainy season; so we cannot stand outside." Ezra 10:13


Just Connie

No comments: