Saturday, July 31, 2010

Busy

There are times when the  schedule of a pastor seems to all pile up. What seemed reasonable to commit to several months ago does not seem to be quite so reasonable now. Besides my normal weekly things such as sermons and visitation I have some very big things coming up. Things that I wish were not all happening at the same time.

The first one of course is the remodeling project at my house. I am dependent on other people's schedule. So that is taking more of my time than I would like.

The next thing is our community event "The Evening of Hope". I am singing and it has been difficult to get rehearsals and practice in with everyone else's schedule. I only have one more week to prepare for it. I have to admit that I am nervous. But I will do the best I can.

Then there is my high school reunion. I am looking forward to seeing everyone but I am also a little nervous. And the schedule is very tight that weekend. Besides two reunion events I am teaching a class at Camp meeting on forgiveness and I have my nieces wedding with all of the attendant rehearsals and parties.

All of this will happen  within two weeks. I know that this is the norm, but I am still feeling a bit pressured. I will try to get everything done and do my best. I need to get some real studying time in this week. So some of the remodeling stuff might get put on hold for a week. So for the next few days I will pray a lot, try to get plenty of sleep and try to listen to what God is saying to me in the midst of the busyness. This will be an interesting week.

Just Connie

No comments: