Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pastor's Cabinet

I met tonight for the first time officially with the Pastor's cabinet. This very important group serves as a sounding board, dream team and prayer support to the Pastor. You know no matter how many times I have done this, when you met in an official capacity with a board for the first time I always get a bit nervous. Tonight I was a bit nervous. I so wanted tonight to help move us ahead. I wanted to offer hope and insight and to really allow them to get to know me in a new way. We also had some fairly serious things to address. So I knew there was potential there for things to be difficult.

But tonight went very well. There was honesty, support, love and wisdom all given tonight. It was truly a blessing to be with them. It gives me an even greater confidence to face the next months with them. I have a feeling it will be a time of change and challenge for us as we seek God's will for the Willamina Church. I think there is good stuff ahead. You know that is something I am so ready for!

Just Connie

No comments: