Friday, July 23, 2010

Chipping Away

I have been chipping away on the hearth project today. I have about half of the base taken apart so far. My tools for this project are a hammer and a small chisel. I am chipping the bricks out of the mortar and cleaning them as I go. It is quite a project. My hands hurt I have bruises and  small rock chips embedded in my shins (that is what I get for waring shorts) and my neck and shoulders are beginning to hurt.

In spite of all of that it feels good to look at how much I have gotten done. I am hoping to have most of it dismantled by the time the work crew arrives on Monday. Besides the work I have some cleaning and organizing to do before then as well. I only have tomorrow and Sunday afternoon to get it all done. Monday is coming fast.

So I guess it is time to go and take a shower and head to bed. Tomorrow is another day to "get er done".

Just Connie

No comments: