Thursday, July 29, 2010

People Day

It was a people day for me. I had someone going in for surgery this morning so the day began bright and early as I met her for prayer beforehand. Then I moved to my next meeting and met the man who is overseeing my remodeling project. We looked at stove stuff for the pellet stove and tile for the hearth. I did not find what I like and I will head to Salem tomorrow to see if I can order the tile I found at Home Depot last week. I am excited, I thought it was beautiful and it was natural stone.

From there I headed back to the church to meet with a couple who is overseeing one of the ministries for us. That was a wonderful meeting as we talked about short and long term goals for the ministries and some of the upcoming changes. I really enjoyed my time with them.

After that I was already into mid afternoon and it was time to go out and see a family who is getting ready to move. They had their big garage sale today. I was able to pick up some tools and wiring that I need and spend an hour with people that I will really miss in the months to come.

Tonight I am tired but feeling very satisfied with the things that I got done. I did not get any studying or planning done but I was able to spend time with people and that is always a good thing. In fact people is what ministry is all about. You know I love my job!  It is not so much in the words we say, it is the love we live .... and that is all about people.


"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."  2 Corinthians 3:3


Just Connie

No comments: