Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Technology

I find it hard to quantify much of what I did today, I spent a lot of time on the phone and a lot of time on the computer. At one time I was on my cell phone and the church phone was ringing while I was in the midst of an instant message chat. It would make a great comedy scene.

What it does is highlight the changing technology face of ministry. I can touch and communicate with  scores more people than I could with just visitation. Tonight while I have been blogging I have heard from 4 different people with prayer needs, updates and just plain life.

I am very thankful for the increased contacts that this new technology brings me. It is a wonderful pastoral tool. I e-mail prayer needs to the prayer team as well as meeting reminders to board members. I have a facebook page that many of the younger church members interact with. I am in the midst of preparing a new church web site and a church facebook page. I think this will all be important tools for us in the months ahead.

I guess it is a reminder that it is important to keep abreast of what is happening and to learn how to adapt the new technology for ministry use. You know they never teach you this stuff in school.

Just Connie

No comments: