Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Repairman

My car had a hard time this weekend. I got a crack in my windshield and my passenger window stuck in the down position. I have to say that this is the right time of year to have it stuck wide open. It had not worked well for the last year and I had drug my feet in having it fixed. for all kinds of reasons.

Today the glass repairman showed up to replace my windshield. It was great he came right to the church to fix it. When he was done he mentioned that he noticed that the passenger side window was off its track so he fixed it. I was stunned. I had struggled with it for over a year and he fixed it. It was an unexpected gift and it blessed me.

As I waved goodbye to him, I reflected on how those unexpected moments lighten the heart. His kindness brought a smile to me and as I think about it I am still smiling. He did not get any extra pay for doing what he did. He did it because he saw that it needed it and he could do it. I have a feeling that there are things I can do that need to be done. Things that will bring a smile to someones face. You know come to think about it ... that would put a smile on my face too.

Just Connie

No comments: