Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Tightrope

Sometimes being a pastor is like walking on a tightrope. You are trying hard to keep your balance as the line is moving wildly beneath your feet. Today was very much like that. I could feel the line moving beneath my feet and I was just trying to keep my balance. There were sensitive circumstances that needed careful handling, there were difficult people and there was more work than there was hours to get it done in.

Somehow the line did not toss me off today. There are those days that it does and then there is also those days that I end up clinging for dear life to that tightrope. For all of these days I know that God is sufficient. If I fall he will pick me up, when I am clinging He will give me extra strength and when I am still on my feet He is whispering words of encouragement to me.

You know it is a good thing that I like heights.

Just Connie

No comments: