Monday, July 26, 2010

The Project Update

Today the men came to officially begin on the remodeling project. They ripped out the hearth, replaced the patio door and installed a new picture window where the hearth had once stood.

They also discovered that my sheepdog Charlie had tunneled under the deck, under the foundation and built herself a den. It was horrifying and huge. We filled it with masonry debris and then covered it all with cement. I have also once again blocked her access tunnel. That was an unexpected obstacle but they overcame it with grace and good humor.

It was such a blessing to work alongside the men today. It is a bit humbling to have them helping me. But I am learning accept help with  deep thankfulness. I do not know when I last felt so cared for and protected. God is doing a wonderful thing here in Willamina and a wonderful thing in my heart.

Just Connie

No comments: