Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Birthday Thoughts

Today is my birthday. There was not a chance in the world that I could forget it began with a early morning phone call from my mother (I can always count on her to remember) and then countless Facebook Friends greetings began to appear. Some greetings came as far away as India, it has been rather surprising to me.

When I got to the Chamber of Commerce meeting this morning I was surprised by everyone singing me happy birthday and cinnamon rolls for everyone in my honor. It was fun to be in the midst of a group of people who care for me and the teasing and laughter brightened my day. I was also surprised to open the newspaper and see a one page article on me. That was a nice birthday surprise. It was even mostly accurate which is always an amazing feat.

I have to admit that I was rather expecting today to be kind of sad and lonely. With no family to celebrate with me I knew that it would be very different from my birthday celebrations of the past. But instead I found the day to be a reminder that there are people who like me for who I am. I have people who are willing to take the time to send me birthday greetings. It is a good feeling and instead of sadness I find that I am feeling loved tonight.

And that is a pretty good feeling ....

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

Urrrrggghhhh! How come I didn't remember it was your birthday? Aren't you older than me now? I should have logged on to FB yesterday....

Anyway, sweet heart sister - happy, happy belated b-day. I love you and we will celebrate when you come up in June. (I'll wear jeans and a sweatshirt, and you can dress up in a suit and heels - and I'll get a coffee and you can drink some English Breakfast tea!) And we'll sing. Oh, how we'll sing!

I love you - have a beautiful day, you beautiful lady!