Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Eve

I just got home from the church. I met with the college age class who was having a Seder dinner. It was very enjoyable. I thought they did a very good job. I had matzoh bread and bitter herbs and lots of things I would not normally eat.

 By the time that was over it was time to join my Saturday  night prayer and praise group. We pray through every room in the church and then everyone grabs the instrument of their choice and we sing. We have a saxophone, a flute, often the drums, guitars and the keyboards. It is thoroughly and absolutely wonderful. I always come home happy with my heart lifted up.

Tomorrow is Easter. It will begin with the Sunrise service, which I am doing the music for. Whenever I do the music for an Easter Sunrise service I think about the year in North Portland when my friend Carolyn asked me to turn pages for her. In my enthusiasm, I knocked the music off the piano and watched it go fluttering down off the platform. She was a trooper, she kept playing and I eventually got some of the pages picked up and stuffed in front of her. But I don't  understand why she never asked me to turn her music for her again. In fact no one else has ever asked me.

After the sunrise service I will go to the Christian Church for breakfast. Then run home and get changed for church service and head to the church for our own Easter services. It will be a wonderful day. I am expecting great things.

It is a good feeling to be full of good expectations. I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

Just Connie

2 comments:

caro_watt said...

Ahem. I am friend Carolyn, and well do I remember that day. I'm still kind of convinced Connie must have done that on purpose (that evil little chuckle I still hear in my head might be part of that!). Just kidding, poor Connie was mortified. I have a wonderful memory of her scrambling around trying to gather music. But then again, many of my favorite Connie memories involve her groveling at my feet. I love you, heart friend! You make my heart sing, always!

Just Connie said...

I laughed as I read your comment Caro ... I am humming right now. "Make her my servant ...." So many good memories.