Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011 - Resurrection Day

Easter Sunday .... I can hardly believe that it got here so quickly. It seemed so far away. It has been a wonderful day. It started with a rainy cold, but wonderful sunrise service. We had a nice crowd  ... probably about 50 people. Given the cold rainy morning I thought that was pretty good. The music went well, the preaching was very good. After the service we walked across the street to the Christian Church who provided breakfast for all of us. there was good fellowship and just a wonderful feeling was in the air.

From there it was time to head to church and get ready. We had a packed house and everyone was in such good spirits. Wonderful, uplifting worship lead the way to today's sermon. (see next post for today's sermon)

After church, I was invited to dinner and enjoyed a very relaxing afternoon. Now tonight I am curled up in front of the fire feeling pretty good about the day. Easter went very well and I think I am learning how to navigate through the mine fields of singleness and holidays. I am learning to be more intentional and push myself a little more than I am really inclined to.

I guess in summary I would say ... He is risen!

No comments: