Friday, April 22, 2011

Interviews

I had interviews today. 9 of them in fact. I was part of the interview team that was choosing scholarship recipients. Everyone of these kids were sharp and worthy of scholarships. Some of them had incredible scholastic achievements, some had incredible work int eh community. A couple had overcome incredible odds in their personal lives. each of them were amazing young adults.

We were supposed to choose 2 out of the nine to get a $1,000 scholarship. We could not do it. We wrestled and  voted and wrestled some more. These were outstanding and each of them were worthy of scholarships. We finally decided to choose 3 and give a $1,000 and two $500 scholarships. I feel very good about our choices.

I came out of the interviews feeling very good about the youth of our community. I was amazed at how committed they were to the school, the community and to their families.

I think ... we have some great potential for the world of tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: