Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hayden Day

I got to see my grandson yesterday. I took him an Easter Basket. As you can see he thought the grass was one of the most fun things in the basket.

It took me back to when his father was that age. He was so cute and so active. Hayden looks just like him. I had to laugh because he acted just like him as well. The same temper, same drive and curiosity. I found that I just wanted to wrap him up and take him home with me.

But I came home alone .... it was the first time in weeks that I felt that tug of loneliness when I pulled into the garage. So I scrolled through the photos I had taken and began to plan when I could see him again.

I have heard that being a grand parent is a wonderful thing .... I am thinking that could be true.

1 comment:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

I am so looking forward to that! I am 56 and ready...but um, it's not really up to me is it? ha!