Sunday, April 10, 2011

Heart Song

I love to sing. Singing has always been an important part of my life. As a child I entertained the world everywhere I went ... I was "Connie the Dancing Girl". In school I sang loud and was in every choir they would let me sing in. In college I finally came into my stride as a singer. My guitar went with me everywhere. And I sang my way through life.

Over the years I found that I loved to sing in small groups. especially quartets and duets. It was about that time that God answered the prayer of my heart and gave me a friend. And she loved to sing as well. Our voices were great together. We spent hours singing. Sometimes she would harmonize and sometimes I would and sometimes we would trade it around. It brought a deep satisfaction to me.

But life brought changes and my heart friend and singing partner and I were separated by geography and circumstances. For many years I did not sing. It was a quiet grief to me, but I tried to bury it deep. Then slowly I began singing again. But still there was the sadness that I was always singing alone.

Tonight I chatted with my heart friend and we began to make plans to get together and to sing together. I was so amazed at how my heart soared to think about it. To not only be together ... but to sing together.

The depth of my response tells me how much I have missed this, how much I have missed her .... how much I need this. It is time... time to sing ... time to sing a heart song.

I wonder what this song will be .....

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

Hey Heart friend. I decided to sign up so I can follow you easier.

I can hardly wait to sing together again. You MAKE my heart sing - and I know we will make beautiful music together again.

When we get together, we will run to the piano and sing our until our souls are filled.

PS: This blogging is kind of fun!