Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rainy Day Thoughts

Rain, rain go away ... come again another day .... no on second thought don't. i am a native Oregonian. I am used to the rain. I do not carry an umbrella and I do not let the rain slow me down from my daily activities. But this has been an unusually long, cold winter/spring. We are still getting sleet and hail and it is still freezing at night.

I am ready for some dry weather. I would like to work in the flower beds, I would like to prune back some of the bushes and trees. I have to admit that I just do not want to get out in the cold rain and work on any of it.

So tonight I am curled up on the couch in front of the fire. In a couple of minutes I will let the very wet dogs in and begin the process of drying them out and then mopping up the mud they will surely bring in with them.

Well, that is my life .....

Just Connie

No comments: