Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Reality of Ministry

This is the last Sunday with guest preachers. Next week I am back to a normal schedule. I have enjoyed hearing what God has laid on the hearts of my fellow pastors, but I have to admit that I have missed preaching. to stand before God's people and proclaim truth is central to who I am. I do not take it for granted.

Today, even though I did not preach it was a very full day. I taught my adult Sunday School class, and led the service as I usually do. At the close of the service we had a potluck and at the end of the potluck we had our annual pie auction to benefit quizzing. So I had spent the last two days cooking and baking to get ready for the potluck and of course the auction. One of my duties was to auction off the pies. I had so much fun, we teased and laughed and outbid each other and just had a lot of silly fun. There were over 30 pies. It was incredible!

In the last 48 hours I have had a memorial service, have baked and auctioned pies, led a worship service, fielded countless phone calls  and pushed a lot of papers. It is probably a pretty good cross section of the reality of ministry. It is a little bit of everything.

I am looking forward to a week filled with that reality. I think it will be a good week.

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

You are a delight to my heart. I love being able to keep up on what is going on in your life. Have a beautiful, blessed and fun-filled day my heart sister!