Friday, June 17, 2011

Fair Thoughts

I work real hard to build a meaningful life for myself. It is often a foreign and unfamiliar landscape. But this is the life I have and I am choosing to find joy in this journey. However, there are times that I am reminded that God did not wire me to live alone. Today was one of those times.

It is the annual town celebration of a neighboring community. I am involved in the new Bench Project and so I went to man the booth off and on this afternoon. between times I forced myself to walk around the booths, took in the art show and then watched the Children's Parade.

It is the first time in my life that I have attended a fair by myself. I have to say that much of it was ... okay. Not horrible, not great ... it was bearable. But the parade ...... up and down the streets were lined with families and couples. As far as the eye could see, I was the only person alone. I laughed and chatted with the people around me, but I realized that as I walked back to my car I was filled with a a sense of sadness ... a sadness that followed me home.

I do not like that sadness still sneaks up on me. I want more than this. I want to find not only victory but contentment with my life. There is so much in my life that is very good, so much that I am grateful for. My life is what it is ... and that should be enough.

But yet tonight I am sad ....

Just Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey old friend. Yes I get that sadness and sometimes its unbearable. I had to delete my FB account and now I am on again as Elisabeth Girard if you are interested in 'friending' I would love that. It is always great to read your personal thoughts. I find such similarities in them. May God continue to bless you my friend.