Thursday, June 9, 2011

One of Those Nights

Usually I am pretty content with my life. I feel like my life is worthwhile and I am doing things that make a difference. I love what I do. I love the community I am serving in and I love the people here. But there are times when my house seems very empty.

 Tonight has been one of those nights. I turned on the TV and I made some phone calls and I tried to keep busy, but I find myself with a restlessness that has nothing to do with being busy. There is plenty I could be doing. But yet I cannot settle to any one thing. I hate to admit it but the fact is that I am lonely.

Loneliness seems to hit at the oddest times. In the mist of a church potluck, in the midst of making vacation plans and quite often when I pull into the empty garage at night.  There are those moments that remind me all too clearly that I am alone ... that there is no one to make plans with, there is no one waiting for me to get home. Just me ....

So tonight I recognize that I am lonely. I also recognize that "this too shall pass". This feeling will fade and life will go on.  So until it does I will just put one foot in front of the other and take the next step.

That's me, living life .... one step at a time.

Just Connie

No comments: