Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Roofing Thoughts

Sunburned, tired and sore ..... and so very pleased with my day. I spent the day roofing with the fellas. We were helping out an elderly man in our church who is undergoing chemo treatments. The crew was short today so I pushed my desk work aside and grabbed my hammer.

I really enjoy working alongside our men. There is a camaraderie that comes from working together that normal every day life does not offer.I am very thankful for that time with them. But today was not only very hard work, it was hot, hot, hot! I told a friend later that I thought it was about 800 degrees up there on the roof, Of course that is the opinion of a life long Oregonian. I hauled sheets of plywood, ripped the old tin roof off, carried two by fours, pounded nails and learned to use the nail gun.

So here I am tonight, satisfied and happy and grateful for the day I have been given. I am thinking .... I am thinking it is time for some aspirin.

Just Connie

No comments: