Saturday, June 18, 2011

Parade Charlie

Every year my sheepdog Charlotte Anne (aka Charlie) walks with me in the 3 parades the church participates in. She has been failing this year and it became apparent to me that she would not be up to walking in this year's parades. It saddened me but I had mostly come to terms with it. But she woke up today perky and feeling good, so I put her in her costume and we headed to the church.

Charlie is always and attention getter and people get such a kick out of seeing her all dressed up in parade finery. She is such a good sport and I actually think that she enjoys it. She strutted and enjoyed all the kids who threw their arms around her or kissed her nose.

Here she is in her parade finery all ready to walk in the parade. I am so glad that she was able to do this today and it was so much fun. And by the way, the church won first place for our entry.
I am prejudiced but I soooooo think we deserved it!

Just Connie

No comments: