Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monday News

There are some things that a mother dreams of doing with her daughter. That first moment that you hold her in your arms as a newborn you begin to picture the future you will have together. One of the things I have always dreamed of was shopping for wedding dresses with her. I have such good memories of shopping for my wedding dress with my mother. In fact with my mother, grandmother and great aunt were all with me. It was such fun and so very meaningful to me to have the generations there to love and support me. I looked with anticipation to experience that moment with my own daughter.

On Monday my daughter called to tell me that she was married. I was so glad for her, she was so excited and so happy. She and her boyfriend of many years had gone to the courthouse and gotten married. I love her new husband. He is a wonderful man and I love who they are together. I think they will have a strong and wonderful marriage. But as I said good bye to her I began to cry and I have cried for two days.

I am realizing that I am sad over the loss of yet another dream. I am sad over not being a part of such an important moment in her life. I am sad to be so far away and sad to be facing this alone.

So tonight I recognizing that there is sadness in this for me. I am also recognizing that there is joy in this as well. Sadness and joy .... it kind of sounds like life doesn't it?

Just Connie

No comments: