Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gazebo

I spent the day working on the new town Gazebo. Saturday is the Ribbon Cutting ceremony, so we were cutting sod and laying pavers and shoveling sand. It is all coming together and it looks great. Tomorrow they will put the last of the roofing on and it is finished.

So tonight I am tired and sore and ready to put my feet up and enjoy a quiet evening. As I have sat here I have thought a lot about this Gazebo project. It was just about a year ago that the idea for the Gazebo was brought to the Chamber of Commerce. We decided to make it happen and more importantly we decided to build it with volunteer labor. Sp I have watched the town leaders connect with contractors and excavators and work side by side. I have enjoyed working alongside the others to bring this project to fruition.

In just a couple of days we will have the Ribbon Cutting and I will officially gift the Gazebo to the City of Willamina. It should be a wonderful event and it is a wonderful testimony to what can happen when people work together.

I have said it before but I will say it again ... I love this community!

Just Connie

No comments: