Sunday, June 12, 2011

Missions

When I first got the call to ministry in college I went home and told my parents. My mother looked at me and said, "Thank goodness I was so afraid you would go oversees as a missionary." I have laughed at that over the years since I have ended up doing "missions" here in the USA instead.

But I have to admit that I have always had a soft spot for Missions around the world. Most often, I have been the support at home, organizing work and witness trips, collecting funds and sending teams out to the Missions field to help. Today we had Missionaries come to the church and share their work in Kenya. It was wonderful to get that glimpse of a very different life and ministry.

I so enjoyed the Missionaries today, sitting and sharing together was a precious privilege. But one of the best things that happened was the possibility of that I could go to Kenya and teach some Bible classes. Teaching is one of  my very real joys and the opportunity to actually be on the Mission field fills me with a sense of awe.

It is an intriguing possibility ..... and pretty exciting.

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

So excited for you! What a wonderful dream - I am praying even now that it comes true for you. I sponsor a daughter in Kenya - her name is Faith. If you go, I will ask you to find her if it is possible.

I can tell you from personal experience, it will be one of the very best things you ever do. Love you my heart-song-friend!