Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fishing

I went fishing with my great nephew today. I didn't fish, my job was to bait the hook, untangle line and cast. And of course to come and check because he was soooo sure that there must be a fish on the line.

It was been so many years since I was around fishing at all. I forgot that I really enjoyed it. It was nice to see that I had not lost my casting touch and I actually impressed him when he saw how far the cast went out.

I loved spending time with both this little fellow and I loved spending time with his mother. I do not get to do that near often enough. This was a small window of just fun in a very busy day. I am so thankful for it.

Today reminded me of how important my family is to me. I need that feeling of connectedness and I need to both love them lavishly and be loved in return. It is a critical component to my well being.

I am grateful for the chance to experience both those things today.

Just Connie

No comments: