Monday, June 20, 2011

My Father

My father is a wonderful man. He was always a tower of strength in my childhood and much of who I am today is because of him. He taught me not only to work, but to work hard. He was also a firm believer that being a girl did not get out me of hard work or any task. So my sisters and I worked and we worked hard. He also taught we girls to throw a football, play ball as well as any boy and to ride motorcycles fearlessly.

Yesterday after church I made the two hour trip to go and spend some time with him. It was so good to be there and to laugh and joke with him. It was only about a year and a half ago that we almost lost him. Step by step he is fighting his way back from his head injury. I am proud of how hard he has worked to regain his life.

I am very grateful for this man. For everything that he taught me and everything that he adds to my life. Thank you dad for always believing in me, for teaching me to work and teaching me to keep moving ahead. I love you.

Just Connie

No comments: