Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Massage Thoughts

I got a massage today. I could not ever imagine me getting a massage. It just did not seem to fit my needs and desires. I so need to do something so ... well self indulgent and extravagant. But in my congregation is a very nice lady who happens to be a masseuse. She thought her pastor would benefit from some massages.

I have to admit that I was rather unsure about this process but I am a good sport so I went along with it. I made an amazing discovery. First of all massages are hard work. I expected it to be hard work for the massage therapist but it was actually hard work for me. She found sore spots in areas that I would had sworn were not sore. I began to understand how much I needed that massage.

As I have thought about it, it has made me wonder what other things I do not even realize I need. Is my own limited viewpoint and understanding keeping me from the things that I really need? I would like to think that I can approach life with a heart ready to learn and grow. I could ... but will I? If I could live in that learning moment .... imagine the possibilities....

Just imagine ......

Just Connie

No comments: