Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Proposal

I got a marriage proposal today. I have to admit that I found it rather startling since my theme song is "Thank you, I do not date". The last thing I expected when I sat down to lunch was a marriage proposal. I am used to fielding questions about my marital status and have gotten pretty good at deflecting those kind of questions. But there was no deflecting this.

I would love to say that this young man was wildly in love with my scintillating personality and wit but the truth is that he wanted a wife to help him stay in this country. It is a very deflating thing to be desired for your citizenship.

So here I am, reminded that there are some things I am still useful for .... not willing ... but still seen as useful. I guess it is good to be useful.

Just Connie

No comments: