Friday, December 9, 2016

A Good Evening

I went to a church event of a church in a nearby community tonight. This is a church who has faithfully prayed for me and I love the people. It is pastored by very dear friends. It has been over a year since I have been well enough to be with them for something like this.

Tonight I joined them for a sock exchange. We all brought a pair of wrapped socks and read "The Night Before Christmas". Everytime "the" was said we passed our wrapped socks to the right. At the end of the story we unwrapped the socks in front of us. It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughter.

There was good food, good fellowship and lots of love and laughter. I am very glad that I went. I just wish that my energy would have held out longer. I wanted to stay and visit, but I still had to drive home.

But I was there and it brought joy to my heart to be with them. It was a good evening ...

Just Connie

No comments: