Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Sighing and Yet Blessed

Sigh ... I have been struggling with shortness or breath and up and down  oxygen saturation  levels. I finally admitted to my family doctor that when I lay down my levels were dropping in the 80's. He thinks I need supplemental oxygen at night. So tomorrow I message my pulmunologist.

I pointed out to my doctor that I did not want to be that person. He pointed out that I lose brain cell function when I drop below 90. Suddenly oxygen did not seem quite so bad. Unwanted but not quite so bad.

I also had conversation with the drug company today. They still do not have approval to move ahead. I am getting discouraged ... I have no idea when treatment will start. I just know I am getting worse. Even on 2 antibiotics and massive steroids. I am getting worse.

That is sometimes hard to wrap my mind around because until 7 months ago I always bounced back from these downturns. But this is where I am am right now. I refuse to focus on the worse. I choose to focus on the fact that treatment is coming, the antibiotics are working and my doctors are caring and working hard to make me better.

There are good things ... I am blessed ... And that is a good focus.

Just Connie

No comments: