Thursday, December 29, 2016

Bring It On

Pastors wade through a lot of stuff in any given week. We counsel with people whose lives or marriages are struggling. We spend time with those who are grieving and sick. We attend church meetings, community meetings, city meetings, denomination and training meetings. We study and write sermons and papers and letters. And usually in the midst of doing all of that we get complaints that we are not doing something enough. It is just part of the job. Usually it just rolls off my back as I try to explain why I am doing what I am doing and go on with what I know God has called me to.

This last month that has been harder as I have been so sick. I am finally climbing out from under everything, even though I am in the beginning stages of treatment, I am feeling better as the pneumonia has cleared up and my lungs have perked up some. I think one of the things that has distressed me is that there is truth to the fact that I have not been doing a lot of the things I usually do. But most of what I have given up has not been church things, it has been the community things I serve as a representative of the church.

So now I am beginning to pick up all the pieces and  start to get things laid out in a normal pattern again. Part of that will be sharing just how I have been spending my time and what my plans are in the weeks ahead. It is good to have more energy and more time and to dig into ministry again.

It is good to be looking with anticipation to what will be happening. I knew there was good things ahead, but now I feel ready to meet them head on.

So  bring it on ... I think I am ready ...

Just Connie

No comments: