Sunday, December 25, 2016

Frustrated

My body frustrates me! So often right now it does not do what I want it to do. And this morning when I needed it to be functioning and well, once again it did something unexpected and unwanted.

I woke up feeling fairly good this morning. Lung function is slowly coming up and I felt good about my plans for the day. Preaching for Christmas morning services and then overseeing the volunteers for the big Community Christmas Dinner.

I got to the church bright and early and laid my sermon out, got everything ready and then floated around chatting as people came in for services. I was chatting in the foyer 5 minutes before service when suddenly, I was sick and sprinting for the  bathroom. After losing everything I had ingested for the last week, I shakily put myself together and sent someone across the street to purchase a diet 7 up. The brilliant man also brought me some saltine crackers and I managed to get through church services without socially embarrassing myself.

But I realized I was in no shape to go and volunteer for the Community Dinner, so after church I headed home and curled up on the couch, where I spent the rest of the day dozing and watching Dr Who.

I am so ready to be better. I want my body to start cooperating ... I want my life back.

I am ready ...

Just Connie

No comments: