Saturday, December 3, 2016

Light Parade 2016

Today was the annual Light Parade in Willamina. To prepare I spent the day in bed resting. So just before line up time I went to the church dressed like I was taking an Artic Expedition. And bundled myself into the gator that was pulling the float. I wrapped a strand of lights around my head and spent the next hour preparing and waving down Main Street.

There were lots of happy faces as the parade progressed down the street.   It gladdens my heart to be part of the parade every year. Even though physically it was a stretch, it  breathed life into me in a very special way. Now tonight I am curled up in bed and reflecting on a great evening.

Even with everything going on with my body I feel blessed and loved and that is a pretty good way to be celebrating Christmas.

I think this is going to be an incredible Christmas.

Just Connie

No comments: