Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Unexpected Joy

I was watching a movie and checking Facebook when the Face Time request dinged on my IPad. As I hit the accept button and the video camera kicked in, I saw a big smile on my face as my daughter and her family popped up on the screen.

As we talked the boys ran and jumped and played. I watched in amazement as my son in law did arm curls with the boys hanging off his arms and push-ups with them sitting on his back. They were having so much fun and it was such wonderful chaos. It made me long for the days that Joy was that age. But that was so very long ago and so much has changed since then.

It wasn't long before the boys were showing the Christmas tree and of course moving all the ornaments to the same branches. I reminded Joy that is why they always had a tree of their own that I promised I would not move any of the ornaments after they hung them up. It was so much fun to watch and be part of their evening.

All too soon it was over and we were saying goodbye and blowing kisses as the boys were off for their evening bath time. But it has left me with a big smile on my face and such an appreciation for how technology can connect us in such wonderful ways. 

I feel blessed and happy and that is a great way to end the day ..

Just Connie

1 comment:

Just Connie said...

That was a wonderful end to your evening