Saturday, December 10, 2016

Shopping Day

I am fortunate, my adventure buddy Tami is also a shopping diva. So when I found myself in need of a formal dress, she is the one that I turned to. So this morning once the ice was beginning to melt off the roads, I headed into McMinnville where I met Tami and we headed to Wodburn to the Outlet Shops.

I tried on almost every sparkly thing in the the store (Dress Barn, my favorite place) and shock of shocks I actually found a dress that I loved and Tami loved. For good measure, I also found a red sparkly shirt I can wear with my suit. So I felt that I was very successful.

Shopping can be so overwhelming and it is so much easy when someone is there with you giving you an opinion. I am very thankful to have had Tami with me today. It has got me thinking about how most of life is so much easier when you have friends to help walk you through it.

I have been blessed by my parents and their constant support, but my heart friend Carolyn and my adventure buddy Tami. All of them have cried with me, encouraged me, given me advice and helped me walk through these very difficult last few years. I know I cannot do this alone.

I am also blessed by a church full of people who love me and pray faithfully for me as well as a town full of people who are also loving me and encouraging me. It reminds me that even though sometimes I might feel alone, I am not alone.

And not alone is a pretty good place to be.

Just Connie

No comments: