Saturday, December 3, 2016

ER Run

I curled into a fetal position as my aching stomach complained. I had Ben sick all night and I could not seem to stop throwing up. I knew I was dehydrating but kept hoping that it would soon stop. By at 5 I wa even sicker and I texted my doctor who texted me back in all caps "Call 911 NOW!" As usual I tried talking him out of it, but he was adamant .. So like a good compliant patient )who am I kidding .., I was grumbling the entire time) I called and soon my good friends and coworkers the paramedics were at my place loading me into a gurney and starting IVs yet again.

They began fluids and drugs to help with the nausea and soon had me at the hospital where they left me with hugs. Over the next few hours the hospital worked to try to get my nausea under control until they finally found a combination that worked and knocked me out. It was a double blessing. And about 6 hours after the initial call to 911, I was being released and  sent home to rest.

At home I was blessed when my parents came to check on me. I gave found that you are never too old to need your mommy when you are sick. And even though I slept the whole time I still needed and appreciated my mother being there. Both my parents are such incredible blessings to me. I am so very fortunate.

After they left, I slept till 9pm to basically wash up and go back to sleep again. Now today I am doing better, though my lungs are still low. But I am working on it as much as I can. I can honestly say, that I am very appreciative of the emergency responders in new ways as well as the ER, but oh so ready to not do this again. I twitted at the paramedics yesterday and said I am becoming on of those frequent flyers ....

It makes me even more ready to begin treatment this week. I want to be better. I want to get off this rooked coaster and make my body strong and healthy again. It gives me a whole new appreciation for the strong body I have had most of my life. I am confident that I will get there again.

I find that I have a great love of life and the people in my life. I do not want to regret how I have spent this time. I hope that I tell my friends and family enough how much I love them. They are so very important to me. If I have not told you to your face lately, and you are reading this, I love you. I live what you breath into my life and the joy you bring me. My prayer is that you will be blessed and happy.

There are good things ahead .. For all of us ...

Just Connie

No comments: