Thursday, July 9, 2009

Choosing Happiness

The dogs and I headed to McMinnville this morning. Both my sheepdog and my little rat dog were due for rabies shots and license renewal. To make matters worse the sheepdog’s bark collar shorted out. I’ve already had a complaint from the neighbor. So that means I needed to go purchase a new collar. So it was a $200 dollar morning before it was all done.

Sigh … the timing could have been better. It is kind of scary to be spending that kind of money right now. I can justify the normal monthly expenses, it is the extra things like this mornings expenditures that begin to make me twitchy. I know that my reserves will be gone very quickly at this rate.

I am still focusing on trying to enjoy this time off and trying to not let myself get nervous. The right job will come at the right time. I do have one potential job that could start in August. But it is not a sure thing. So I will keep looking. In the meantime I will get lots of rest and will enjoy the flexibility this time brings me.

This is truly an odd interlude for me. I have never been so completely free of responsibilities. But I am choosing to stay positive. I think my outlook will have a lot to do with how I handle the uncertainties in my life. I think this verse is a good reminder.

“All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast” Proverbs 15:15

My attitude will determine my happiness. So I am choosing happiness, my choice, my will.

Just Connie

No comments: