Friday, July 3, 2009

Positive Choices

Summer has come to Willamina. For some people that means sunbathing and gardening. For me, it means that my sheepdog no longer has to have baths in the house! Yeah man! Today was bath day and all it took was a bottle of shampoo and the garden hose. I love the ease and simplicity. I love every part of it. I have to admit that Charlie is not all that fond of it, but then she didn’t much like indoor bathing either.

I have been trying to decide if I am going to walk up to the park for the concert. I had every intention of going, but it is getting harder and harder to convince myself to go. I admit that I really do not want to go by myself. I guess taking the dogs with me does not count as a social engagement.

I am not sure why this feels so uncomfortable to me. I had every intention of attending and I thought it would be a lot of fun. But suddenly the thought of sitting by myself in the midst of so many people … well it seems kind of lonely and sad.

So instead I think I will walk up to the neighbors and see what they are doing. That seems like a positive compromise. It will get me out of the house, will give me a chance to socialize and will be an opportunity to spend time with people I love. I guess it is all about choices.

“then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, …..But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

God continues to move me ahead, one day and one decision at a time. Positive choices will bring positive changes.

Just Connie

No comments: