Wednesday, July 22, 2009

VBS Thoughts

Tonight was the last night of VBS. It has been a lot of fun. The kids are so natural, it is a joy to be with them. They are so loving and so happy to be with you, it just warms my heart. I love walking into a room and having children be excited to see me. It really does wrap me in a sense of well being and love.

My experience with the kids got me to wondering if I am that natural and loving around people? Do I show genuine joy just to see them? Do they feel my happiness to just be with them? I hope so. I want that kind of transparency in my relationships. I would like to bring the joy I felt this week to those I come into contact with.

I rather think that it might be kind of scary to live with that kind of transparency. It could be rather like living with your skin off. But I do think it would be worth it. Living a life that is constrained and protected can be rather joyless. Life can be difficult enough without me adding to it by wrapping myself in emotional bubble wrap.

“He who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do” Psalm 33:15

This is a good reminder to live well, live honestly and live fully. It is what I was made for. So I guess it is a matter of living to my potential. I think I will go put my bubble wrap away.

Just Connie

No comments: