Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family Time

My family met together tonight. It was wonderful to see everyone, but was a rather sobering experience. Dad wanted the chance to tell everyone about his open heart surgery on Tuesday and let us know exactly what the doctors had told him. It was wonderful to see and experience the love and support that my family always brings in time of need.

I know that during the months of his recovery that people will be in and out of the house to encourage and to help them in everyway they can. The family has always revolved around my father and mother. They have sacrificed and given to us time and time again. This is our opportunity to serve and support them.

It is a precious gift to give back to the people who have given so much to us. I am glad for the chance to show my parents in very real and practical ways how much they mean to me. I think this can be a time of real growth and new understanding between all of us.

I am going to be praying for discernment and strength in the months to come. Discernment to see where there is need and the strength to not be hampered my own fears or sadness. I am choosing to expect great things.

“Learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God” 1 Timothy 5:4

Just Connie

No comments: