Thursday, July 2, 2009

Walking Ahead

It was a hot summer day … a good day. I think it has even been productive, though you would not know it by looking at my house. I began the day much earlier than I had planned. But the dogs both decided that it was time to be up and about. There is no way that you can sleep through 120 pounds of excited sheepdog jumping up and down on your chest. Not that I didn’t try, it just was not possible.

I started with an early morning 2 hour meeting at the church with my new boss. I am looking forward to working with him. I think he is a talented godly man. I also think there is a reason God has brought a strong ministry team together at Willamina at this point in time. I think there are exciting days ahead for the church. It will be fun to discover fully my role in the days to come.

I was back at the church tonight. I wanted to go over the music for VBS and then we had a Pastor’s cabinet meeting. It is so nice to be part of a group of people that like each other. That are kind, loving and nurturing. It is a blessing and a balm to my heart. I was surprised when they asked me how they could pray for me tonight.

I am amazed at how quickly the days are going by. It has been almost a month since I was let go by the Mission. One day blends into another and I have not accomplished nearly as much as I was hoping I would by this time. But I think I will not focus on what I haven’t done and focus on what I have done in the past month. I have hiked. I have spent time with family and friends. I have slept late and taken naps. I have looked for work. I have gone camping. I have done some yard work and a little house work. I have been ordained and received a new church assignment.

Wow …I guess when I look at it like that I have done a lot in the past month. You know there will probably be just as much or more happening in the month ahead. I think looking ahead is a good thing. It is easier to see where I am going if I am looking ahead. It will probably mean that I have less likelihood of falling on my face if I watching where I am headed. That would be a good thing.

“for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again “Proverbs 24:16

The bottom line is that I do not walk alone. That is enough to give me hope.

Just Connie

No comments: