Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Traveling Tomorrow

It is still blistering hot. It hard to do much of anything when it is this hot. But life goes on even when you wish that it would stop until things cooled off. It is 8:00 at night and is till over 100 degrees. sigh … I am very glad for my little wall unit air conditioner.

My mother called today to let me know that on Tuesday my father will be going in for open heart surgery. It seems that he has an aorta valve that will need to be replaced. What a wondrous thing our technology is that they can do such a thing.

I am finding the thought of my father having open heart surgery rather scary. My parents are at the core of our family. We all depend and lean on them for their wisdom and their steadiness. Now it will be our turn to come alongside them and offer love and support.

I have a feeling that they might not find it easy to be on the receiving end for a change. I rather think that I might need to be creative in the ways that I offer help. I think one of the best things I can do right now, especially since I am out of work is to just be with them.

So tomorrow I will head to Burlington with the dogs and be with the family. The entire family will gather tomorrow to be together. I will have the chance to just love on my father and make sure that he knows how much I love him. I guess this is an opportunity to be loving, to be supportive, to be the hands and feet of Christ in very real and practical ways.

“Parents are the pride of their children” Proverbs 17:6

Just Connie

No comments: