Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Retreat Day 2

* The internet connection went down last night, this is the post that could not be posted

This has been a team building day. I think it was very good for all of us. It has given us a chance to get to know each other and begin understand the hearts of those we serve with at the church.

I think one of the most valuable things we have done is to just get to know each other. To talk and laugh and tease and then to laugh some more. It will help us begin to trust each other and to learn the skill sets of the other pastors. I am excited to see what God is going to do in the days ahead.

I walked down to the beach this afternoon. It was beautiful and the tide was going out so it gave me a chance to search for agates. That is always entertaining to me. I came back with a couple of nice shells and a pocket full of agates. I also got out in the fresh air and got some good exercise as I climbed back up the 56 stairs down to the beach.

To wrap things up tonight, we were asked our most embarrassing moments in the pastorate. I have not laughed so hard in ages. I still have a smile on my face as I think of the silly moments we shared with each other. It was a wonderful way to wrap up a good day.

It reminds me of how important it is for me to be with people, to laugh and to just grow in the moment I have been given. Today was filled with good moments.

“Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.” Psalm 126:2

Just Connie

No comments: