Tuesday, July 21, 2009

VBS Day 3

Tonight was day 3 of VBS. I am exhausted. I have paint speckled on my face, my feet hurt and I am hot and sweaty. I guess that means it was a wonderful night. It really was fun. I danced, ran, painted and generally played around with the kids. It was fun to let my hair down so to speak and just play.

Being with the kids is a reminder of how important it is for me to take the time to play and enjoy life. I am not sure that I take do that very often. In fact I think so much of the last 8 months have been focused on surviving, that even when I think of recreating, I still do not “play”. There has been so many tears and such sadness that I have spent too much of my time just trying to get through one more day.

The kids tonight ran and jumped just for the sheer joy of moving. I want that kind of freedom and joy where I can celebrate the simple pleasures of everyday life. I want to experience that on a regular basis. I want it to flow out of me naturally as part of who I am.

For me I think that spending time with children is good practice. I am glad for the chance to play with the kids this week. I think I will look with purpose for moments to play in the days ahead. It is time to run and play and laugh.

“But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.” Psalm 68:3

I think perhaps the laughter can even chase the tears and despair away.

Just Connie

No comments: