Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sing-Along Sunday

It was a full Sunday. I taught my first Adult Sunday School Class at the Willamina Church. We will be looking at the book of Proverbs. I think it will be a very good study on wisdom and knowledge and God’s guidelines for our everyday life. I love teaching and it was a joy to hear people sharing from their hearts as we worked our way through the first chapter. I will look forward to the weeks ahead and we dig into this rich book.

After church I went home and had a quick lunch. Then I had just enough time to and bake cookies for the evening sing-along at the church. Then it was time to report to the church for my afternoon assignment. I was part of the team that was passing out flyers for VBS. I pulled up to the church about the same the rain storm hit. It was a soggy cold afternoon. And I was one of the lucky ones. I got to stay mostly in the car driving. But I still got pretty wet.

Then it was back to the church to practice for the sing-along. It was a wonderful evening. The churches from Grand Ronde, Willamina and Sheridan got together for singing and fellowship. We had a great turnout and had over 100 people that came. Each church presented special music and there was lots of hymn singing. Afterwards we had a time of fellowship and refreshments. People stayed around and chatted and just enjoyed spending time with each other. It was uplifting and refreshing as well as completely enjoyable

“Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs” Psalm 100:2

I love Sundays, I love the chance to worship and it will be interesting to see how they unfold in the months ahead as settle into my new church assignment.

Just Connie

No comments: