Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Into the Light

I had a neighbor stop by today while I was working outside. We stood there and chatted for about 10 minutes and he invited me to the 4th of July celebration he was having. I was surprised and blessed that he took the time to say hi and to invite me.

It dawned on me that it is the type of interaction that I never had time for before. I would have been inside the house preparing for the next day or at a meeting or just too tired to bother. It is one of the many small blessings I am finding along the way that are completely unexpected but oh so very welcome.

I really want to take the time to enjoy this time off. I want to spend more time with people, get work done around the house and perhaps do things that I have not had the time or the inclination to do in years.

I guess that a lot of it will be determined by my attitude. Attitude can make this a positive growing time or attitude can make this a miserable time. Sigh … it is so easy to slid into despair … or grief. But I choose to keep fighting against the darkness.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9

God loves me and calls me out of the darkness, it will be up to me to step into the light. It is time to move forward.

Just Connie

No comments: