Tuesday, July 21, 2009

VBS Night 2

* It seems I forgot to post this last night … so here it is *

Tonight was the second night of Vacation Bible School. It has been over 10 years since I last was involved with VBS. I had forgotten how much fun it could be. The theme for our VBS is set in a western town. So we are all in western dress. I had so much fun with the kids. It was wonderful. I had a group of 8 preschool kids. We played games, made a craft project, took a walk around the church to pet the animals and sang and danced. We also ran and jumped and acted like farm animals. The kids seemed to have a wonderful time.

I am beat. I am 10 years older than I was the last time I did VBS and I think I can feel every one of those years tonight. The weather was extremely hot and the cook wagon was in my room. I am tired and sweaty but satisfied. As soon as I cool off a little bit I will take a shower and crawl into bed.

It is good to have the chance to be with kids and just enjoy them. I do not often get that chance. How thankful I am for this new assignment that gives me a chance to stretch myself in so many ways. VBS is a good reminder for me to just have fun.

“So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work” Ecclesiastes 3:22

So tomorrow I will play with the kids again … you know I love my job.

Just Connie

No comments: