Saturday, July 11, 2009

Work Day

Today the church banded together to help someone who had need. We have a woman in our congregation who has had a cascade of physical problems in the last year or so. Her property was getting away from her. So we gathered our tools and equipment and threw ourselves into the work at hand.

We cut brush, rolled wire, cut trees and shrubs, weeded flower beds and tried to tame the encroaching flora. In the process we laughed, talked and just enjoyed working alongside each other.

We ended up getting a lot done in one day. I worked hard, got real dirty and I think I am going to be sore by tomorrow. But I am very glad for the chance to help. I also think it was good to push myself a bit. I think that sometime I do not push myself physically as much as I should.

So all in all today was good for me on several levels. I got to bless someone with a few hours of hard work. I got to connect with friends and enjoy some fellowship. I also got some exercise. Boy did I get exercise.

“All hard work brings a profit” Proverbs 14:23

So I guess I could say that it has been a profitable day.

Just Connie

No comments: