Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finish Each Day

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like this quote. I think it is one I will return to again and again. It is a reminder to live well each day … to fullest breadth and depth of my capability. It is reminder to embrace the things that are right, that are healthy and help me to grow. It is also a reminder to turn away from the things that discourage me, sap my vision and erode my sense of worth. It points me to tomorrow as an unwritten page. It gives me the strength and hope to approach it with confidence and courage.

This last month is really an unprecedented time in my life. I have the freedom to rethink who I am and what I do. This is an opportunity to look at all my tomorrows. Sometimes to be honest that is kind of scary to me. but I think that it will have positive results.

I do not know where God is going to take me in the days ahead, but I believe that He has good things in store for me. My job is stay focused, stay positive and stay committed. The answers will come, I just need to finish each day.

“Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this” Psalm 37:5

Just Connie

No comments: