Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot

Hot! Hot! Hot! That is what the weather has been for over a week. It is always surprising to me when it heats up like this. And they are saying that it will hit triple digits within the next couple of days.

It was hot enough today that I brought the dogs inside for the day. Poor Charlie, my sheepdog just digs new holes when it gets this hot. So I took pity on her and brought her inside today. Right now she is spread out on the living room floor like a living breathing bearskin rug. She is rather hard to maneuver around, but at least it is not nearly as hot inside as it is outside.

For me, I just melt when it gets this hot. I find that I have no drive to accomplish anything. All I want to do is lie on the couch and fan myself. So today I have followed that inclination and watched TV, worked on my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow and played with the dogs.

When it gets cooler I will clean up and vacuum the dog hair off the carpets from the dogs day inside and throw open the windows to catch the Willamina evening breeze. I better get in this habit now as the hot weather is supposed to stick around.

“And when the south wind blows, you say, 'It's going to be hot,' and it is” Luke 12:55

Just Connie

No comments: